Tuesday, December 11, 2007

24 hours in Atlanta

If anyone can tell me why I should like Atlanta or anything positive about it at all, please do. My 24-hour-trip was a day too long.

I walked around for 2 hours trying to find something to do/eat, and all I got was: 1)gross and sweaty (it was upper 70s and humid), and 2) hit on by dozens of bums picking through trash downtown. Nothing was open except for a Hooters, and the place looked like a wasteland

Hence, I have no photos for you.

Also, someone needs to give airline pilots a list of things they should not say to over the loudspeaker to the passengers unless they are actually true. Our guy came on just before we were supposed to start the decent to Newark and said, "Well, we just dodged a bullet there." What??? AHHHHH!

You need to be as literal when making announcements while in flight. He really just meant that we almost got put into a holding pattern that would have lasted a while, but then shouldn't he have said that to begin with? The entire plane gasped, and I freaked out for 2 seconds.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that all the things you've said are correct.

Atlanta actually sounds nicer than Jersey City. Hell, they have a Hooters in addition to bums....single bums...

I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAN!

Unknown said...

Where are all of the posts?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

at first i was going to make a disparaging remark about bullets and newark and how it should be nothing new for people who live and work in and around north jersey, and how someone from atlanta would be REALLY freaked out, except that i think atlanta actually has pretty bad crime too, so they probably felt right at home.

(when i went to atlanta, i went to a braves game, and that was pretty fun, but other than that, yeah it was boring.)