Sunday, January 13, 2008

Starting my garden

First off, I'm so thrilled bring you my first post with photos. Because of camera troubles, the photos were taken via Photobooth on my Macbook, so they're not as lovely as they could be. Next time, when I have an expert to assist, they'll be even better!

About 6 weeks ago, Matt and I were taking advantage of the savings and quality goods at Target, when I came across a Chia Herb Garden set that includes everything you need to grow four different varieties of herbs! It only cost $20! Matt made fun of me for wanting it and might have even said that it was "ridiculous" and "stupid," but I don't really remember.

Anyway, he's gone for work for a while, so of course I went back to Target this weekend (twice). It was half price, and Matt was nowhere to be seen, soooo:



(Notice the fact that this is not an average, normal Chia set for everyday schlubs but a GOURMET Chia kit for fancy people like myself.)



I couldn't be happier! My future little herblings are currently are now sitting on top of the range with plastic bags over them to create a greenhouse-like environment.

Let's see how Matt feels when my dinner is flavored with delicious home-grown herbs and his is flavorless and bland.

The other exciting thing I'm working on is a new fancy scarf. My sister Claire helped me out with reading the pattern, since I usually figure things out without a pattern, and I'm really excited about it, even though it's slow in coming. It's an entrelac pattern, and it's really interesting to work on, because there's so much flipping back and forth instead of knitting all the way across, flipping, and knitting allll the way back (boooring!). I noticed last night that I was completing one section of blocks across for each episode of Seinfeld I was watching, so I'll probably have to watch all the seasons before this thing is done.

Also, I'm using variegated yarn, which I usually just hate, but because of the way it's made, the colors pool together and it looks kind of funky.

Let's hope it's all done before the weather gets warm so I actually have a chance to wear it this winter!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

ch-ch-ch-funny...

Unknown said...

when i first read the post, i thought you were calling matt your 'assistant,' so then i thought, 'anna must have improved her photo skillsss

nice use of the words 'varigated,' 'flip' and 'pooling.' you're almost at knitting blog status!!

cool scarf!