Saturday, March 29, 2008

BACK!

We just got in from Spain and Portugal, and because we decided it would be a better idea to stay up all night last night rather than get 2 hours of sleep before going to the airport at 5 am, we're exhausted. I'm also distressed because I'm trying to figure out how I will continue to incorporate getting up late, taking a daily 2-hour nap, and eating a minimum of 4 meals a day (includes Dinner I and Dinner II) into my drab life. Ohhhh and 1.50 euro glasses of wine and Super Bock (have you heard of it??) and good bread from the grocery store that doesn't cost $5 per loaf like Hoboken. And for some reason, I figured Spring would have thoughtfully begun by the time we got back, yet it's 30 degrees here.

It felt really good to be in Europe, and it feels really good to be home.

Pictures later! I'm still alive and I'm gonna go now and research turbulence and try to find assurance that it cannot knock a plane out of the sky because I think my blood pressure has shot up six million times after the past few flights this year ...

2 comments:

TG said...

Lol. I definitely did the same thing when leaving Spain. We left for the airport at about 7 a.m., so we stayed up and played Truth or Dare all night (whatever...we were silly high school grads). I somehow managed to stay awake until my mom picked me up in the evening (the group in charge of the trip drove us somewhere other than JFK to be picked up), and then I completely passed out in the middle of a sentence. That was one of the best nights/days of sleep I ever got.

Also, turbulence sucks.

Unknown said...

Anna you're so funny!