Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Project Runway finale post!

I think my favorite, Jillian, will not win (I love her monotone complaining!). I wouldn't be surprised if it was either of the other two, but I have a sneaking feeling that it's going to be Rami. Christian is FABULOUS, of course, but maybe he needs to learn how to edit. Tim is giving the group an inspirational talk right now, and I'm starting to choke up ... Oh my ... I can predict right now that Victoria Beckham will fall in love with Christian. I take it back now, he might win.

Soo, the bad part about having a blog is that when you don't post for 1 week+, people start bothering you about it. I guess it works though, because here I am!

The biggest/most exciting news is that I'm going to Spain and Portugal with Matt and Christa in two weeks. We bought the tickets two weeks ago, and as of Monday, I have our entire itinerary mapped out in Google spreadsheets (which, btw, is the answer to most problems in life).

We fly into Lisboa, and spend the first two nights there. We're doing a day trip to Cascais where we will rent bikes to ride up the coast to secluded beaches and have a picnic and go to the zoo! Then we're going to Sevilla for 2 nights where my cousin is studying abroad. We'll go to Tarifa (aka, the Hawaii of Spain) for an overnight where we will be able to see Africa from the coast (maybe take a ferry to Tangier???), take free salsa lessons (embarassing for me!), and have another picnic on the beach. One more night in Sevilla, one more in Lisboa, and we're home!.

Within that plan, I need to fit in a wine tour and a bullfight (my understanding is that they don't kill the bull in Portugal, but I'm still uncomfortable). I also have to stuff myself with tapas and cheap seafood, and try harder to like Port. Do you have any advice??? No soccer games, since it's Easter week.

I'm fully prepared for everything that's going to happen while I'm over there: I'm going to feel so awkward and oaf-ish and poorly dressed and extremely hungry, since you officially are not allowed to eat dinner before 11 pm. But I don't care! I'm going to eat a lot and go out in public wearing sneakers and jeans and a ponytail and ignore all the looks! I did go to forever 21 today to get some shirts that will make me look a little less sporty. That's what I always do when I realize all I own are t-shirts and dorky/conservative work clothes and have nothing appropriate for a party or ... Europe: panic and run to Forever21 and pick up something trendy I'll only wear once.

Aww! Rami's collection celebrates women! I love that!!

Oh, the other exciting thing that happened is that Matt got punched in the face a bunch of times on Hoboken St. Patty's day. So uncivilized! The story is sort of ridiculous though, and aside from that, it was a good time. I think next year, I'll throw a small brunch gathering for only a handful of people and serve bellinis.

No comments: